Ottawa Wedding Blog| Wedding Photographer| Melanie Rebane| Ottawa| Kingston| Montreal| Toronto

Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr

Let's connect! Learn about upcoming sessions, news, contests and wedding trends and inspiration.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, August 19, 2010

{a bit about me Thursday} Ottawa Wedding Photographers

What girl doesn't need a day dedicated just to herself? Yeah would be nice...but right now, in the height of a very busy wedding season, there will be none of that for me. Instead, I thought I might take a moment to connect, if only to end my blogging dryspell. I have had some wonderful weddings this summer, from large flamboyantly joyous ones to warm intimate and ...dare I say many have left me bleary eyed...Love is a beautiful thing. My favorite destination wedding to date has got to be my recent European wedding in the Czech Republic with Katie and Jiri...I have always wanted to travel there and it was an amazing occasion. While in Prague, I took advantage of the rain to get up at 5:30 am to capture an image of the St. Charles Bridge with only myself and a lone spectator with an umbrella there. Anyone who has visited the bridge before, knows what a hive of activity it can be and how rare a moment this can be...

As of this 3rd week of August:
1. FAVORITE SONG: Stereo Love by Edward Maya and Vika Jigulina - I have purchased all available remixes available on itunes.
2. SHAMELSS PLUG: I suspect Stereo Love will be rocking the next Boudoir Marathon in Toronto on September 26th...1 Spot left! psst...call me  ;)
2. STATUS: I have 6 weddings left to shoot in 2010.
3. PERSONAL: I crashed my 1999 VW, it is a total loss and need to buy a new car
4. WEAKNESS: I succumbed to my weaknesses for awesome glass once more and purchased the Canon 100 mm f 2.8 IS lens which I have been lusting after for several months...Look out details...here I come. I am now lusting after a 35mm prime lens (I have a sick obsession with primes)
5. DISLIKE: I really dislike KD...this is a non food.
6. LIKE: Clients that truly appreciate the hours of time I invest in the work I deliver to them-doing things well really takes time...thank you to all of you ;)
7. PEEVE: while I love videographers and appreciate their work...I so hate it when they are in my shot and they are wearing bold stripes.
8. FAVORITE WEDDING MAGs: I subscribe to both the Western and Eastern Canada editions... Wedluxe - The DayDream Issue www.wedluxe.com
9. RANDOM: I didn't know how much fun mustaches on a stick could be until Marianne and Rob's vintage garden party wedding last week...check out Whisker Works if you too think they are fun! On the topic of moustaches...you must see the Stunt Double Circus sometime ...often seen busking the Byward Market- Amazing.
10. AMAZING: My new favorite pair of jeans by Hudson Jeans...killer. I heart Hudson...XO

A bientot!

Want to see more? View my portfolio.
Contact: melanie@m-contemporaryphotography.com
613.769.6019

0 comments:

Popular Posts

About This Blog

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Capturing authentic moments with artistry and style. Contemporary photography for the modern romantic...

Email Me

melanie.rebane@gmail.com

Followers

Project Wedding vendor reviews | Wedding Dresses, Wedding Songs, Wedding Ideas, Bridal Shower

We are a preferred photographer in the Ottawa wedding photographers, Ontario section of www.studiolocator.com - a wedding photographer directory.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP