Ottawa Wedding Blog| Wedding Photographer| Melanie Rebane| Ottawa| Kingston| Montreal| Toronto

Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr

Let's connect! Learn about upcoming sessions, news, contests and wedding trends and inspiration.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, January 3, 2010

I could not say it better- Ottawa Wedding Photographer

Written by one of my favorite photographers in Lindsay Ontario, Mark Ridout, I would like to share his blog post with you. Clients always want to know why it takes so long to get wedding photos and or photography session photos. As Mark has a similar workflow to my own, I wanted to share this very informative post with you.

"Ever wonder why wedding photos take so long? I wanted to bring back a post I made some time ago. I put my heart and soul into each and every wedding package I create. The printed books are thought out carefully to present the couple in a unique and personal way. I do not cookie cut my packages in any way. In 2009 I broke all records that I had previously set and took on more weddings then any other year in the thirty years I have been shooting weddings. Along with weddings I shoot family sessions and commercial work locally. This has all added to the workload of two thousand and nine and the reason I post today. I came across Anne Ruthmann’s Blog Post and she explains it so well. After reading it I thought I would share it here with past couples, future couples and of course the handful of couples still waiting for there completed packages. For those couples who I shot in 2008-2009 and have received there wedding packages please feel free to jump in and give your thoughts. As for myself, after a wedding I come home with approx 1500-2000 images depending on the size and length of the wedding and event. I will then go through all of the images in Adobe Lightroom and choose the images I will be using for the book and slideshow. Approx 300-500 images will be edited from this stage. From these I choose my favourites for the blog and for the website. I don’t blog everything I shoot but do my best to at least get one or two up there. Again that’s another area that requires a lot of attention. The remaining are processed to make them look their absolute best. I am always looking at ways to streamline the process and 2010 will be just as challenging. Many photographers out source a lot of the preparation including album design and photoshop enhancements. I haven’t gone that route because I find it difficult to let that creative touch go. It is those touches that make my work unique. Once the product is delivered it is then that the newlyweds realize the hard work, creativity and passion that went into each of their wedding package elements. A recent father-of-the-bride said it best when I happened across him while grocery shopping. I was telling him that it wouldn’t be too much longer for his daughters wedding….he stopped me mid sentence. “Mark, I have already told her….you can’t rush an artist” Ok…thats off me chest I’m goin’ to bed."

Thank you Mark Ridout - I couldn't say it better myself...

2 comments:

AliphAurMeem January 7, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

Eggs-actly!

. January 12, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

Yup, I know of Mark in Lindsay and he does excellent work. I subscribe to his blog and follow him on Twitter and he of me on Twitter. I too have a similar workflow of Lightroom, PS and ProShow for slideshow. Blog posts, custom album design, printing, etc. He sums it up quite nicely and accurately. I have been to some big and small seminars in T.O. by some industry celeb's like Yervant, [B]ecker, Buissink and our Ontario Storey Wilkins. They all say the same thing and that flows with Marks comments ... be a professional all the way through and finish your work and deliver a best-in-class experience and product. Everyone understands this ... just some are impatient. But in the end, even the impatient ones appreciate the work and talent.

Popular Posts

About This Blog

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Capturing authentic moments with artistry and style. Contemporary photography for the modern romantic...

Email Me

melanie.rebane@gmail.com

Followers

Project Wedding vendor reviews | Wedding Dresses, Wedding Songs, Wedding Ideas, Bridal Shower

We are a preferred photographer in the Ottawa wedding photographers, Ontario section of www.studiolocator.com - a wedding photographer directory.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP